Here is how our St. James Neighbor Day Fundraising Auction works:
- The Neighbor Day Crew encourages parishioners to donate new and gently used auction items and cash to raise money for the St. James Ministries of service outreach. *See examples listed at bottom of page.
- Cash donations may be any size and may include pledges for matching donations up to whatever amount is specified by the donor.
- Donors submit their donated auction items and/or cash by submitting a DONATION Form.
- The Neighbor Day Crew processing item descriptions & photos to showcase each item at the Neighbor Day website.
- The Neighbor Day Crew produces public service announcements to promote the the event on CTV and on social media.
- Neighbors register to bid using the online REGISTRATION Form at the website.
- The Neighbor Day Crew validates each submitted bidder registration form.
- Registered neighbors bid online during a 3-week period in October.
- The Neighbor Day Crew monitors the integrity of all submitted bids.
- St. James presents a 3-hour live simulcast event featuring edu-tainment provided by ministry and neighborhood personalities.
- The Neighbor Day Crew coordinates winner notification after the auction closes.
- The Neighbor Day Crew facilitates the collection of payments and coordination of winner pickups at the church.
* Popular donated items include: gift cards & gift certificates, gift bags & gift baskets, jewelry, fine art & craft, decorations, antiques & collectibles, kitchen accessories, furniture & home accessories, lawn & garden, food & beverage, tickets & passes, toys & games, recreational equipment, hobby accessories, clothing & accessories, tools, electronics, auto & boat related, pet related, books music & videos, and more.
Item Description Tips . . .
Well-presented “showcases” will generate increased interest and greatly boost bidding activity. When submitting information on the Donation Form, please provide the following:
- Physical Description
- word description – 3 or 4 sentences
- dimensions (L x W x H) – inches
- model number
- condition (new, like new, gently used, not working, antique, etc.)
- approximate age
- history, if known
- Estimated Value ($)
- what you paid, or
- what you think it is worth
In addition, please plan on submitting some Good Photos. Your volunteer Neighbor Day Coordinator can assist, if necessary. Here are some photo tips:
- use a cell phone, if you like
- at least 4 photos
- different angles, showing details
Contact: Kevin & Drew Jeske-Polyak | firstname.lastname@example.org | 865-659-6742